ABOUT THE ENERGY IN TRANSITION FORUM
This event is expected to host senior Oil & Gas executives, policy makers, strategists and experts from the international energy industry, featuring both local & International chief executives, ministers and other industry leaders, who will discuss how the energy business is adapting to this changing landscape, how to develop new strategies, forging new partnerships, and above all harnessing new technologies – including AI, digitalization and robotics – to improve efficiency, cut costs and reduce its carbon footprint
WHY ENERGY IN TRANSITION
Energy in transition refers to the global energy sector’s shift from fossil-based systems of energy production and consumption — including oil, natural gas and coal — to renewable energy sources like wind and solar, as well as lithium-ion batteries.
The increasing penetration of renewable energy into the energy supply mix, the onset of electrification and improvements in energy storage are all key drivers of the energy transition.
Regulation and commitment to decarbonization has been mixed, but the energy transition will continue to increase in importance as investors prioritize environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors.
As more investors and companies seek greater clarity and confidence in accounting for long-term climate risks and opportunities, businesses are adapting to the “energy transition” — a transformation of the global energy sector from fossil-based systems of energy production and consumption to renewable energy sources. Switching from non-renewable energy sources like oil, natural gas, and coal to renewable energy is made possible by technological advancements and a societal push toward sustainability.
Together, almost 200 nations have committed to curbing global warming by substantially reducing greenhouse gas emissions; however, the fulfillment of those commitments has varied. Regulation and commitment have been uneven across the global economy, with some nations continuing to grow their emissions despite promises of further decarbonization.
PURPOSE OF THE FORUM
This event will be one of the largest Oil and Gas Forum and exhibition with over 1000 participants expected from across the globe
It will be a stop shop where institutions, investors and consumers can access the latest innovations that will underpin the next phase of energy innovation and transformation.
It will also provide the needed platform for Oil & Gas companies and agencies to interface with consumers and policy makers so as to enhance seamless and secured transaction/partnerships across continents/countries with minimal disruptions.
It will seek to foster collaboration and debate on key topics including efficient and fair regulation
The Conference will have the following session:
- Keynote addresses from respected industry leaders
- Dynamic live round-tables (Q&A)
- Group Discussions
- Lectures & Presentations
- Extensive networking opportunities
- FIN Award
- Gaining new perspectives by hearing distinguished speakers and panellists address relevant, timely topics
- Effective networking opportunities with fellow energy and finance industry leaders at a gathering large enough to be powerful, yet small enough to be intimate
- Illuminating debates with more structured discussion time scheduled over the three day event
- Added-value research and viewpoints in the delegate documentation
- An information download that will provide a clear perspective upon which to build your own strategies for success
- Honouring leading oil and Gas brands and personalities with a Forbes Africa Awards during the prestigious FIN/Forbes gala and dinner reception
- Seek greater collaboration in inter-continental trade.
- Develop greater capacity among players in the areas of technology, refining capacity and value chain.
- The Conference will provide an opportunity for the interchange of ideas on latest technologies, high-level networking, and most importantly, one-to-one business meetings between decision makers and top-tier solution providers and players in the gas eco-system.
TOPICS TO DISCUSSED:
- Energy in transition
- Energy in Transition – Challenges and Financial Opportunities
- The Keys to Maintaining Financial Growth in the Energy Industry
- Implementing robust and lucrative Project financing structures in an increasing volatile market
- Energy Transition Drivers and the Outlook for Demands
- New economic diversification.
- The Oil Technology in a digital age.
- Future Technologies and infrastructural developments
- Technology Transfer in the Energy sector: The challenges
- Local content and human capacity building.
Meet our EXPECTED SPEAKERS TO BE CONFIRMED
ABOUT THE ORGANISERS
FIN is a global consulting company and publisher of the foremost investment magazine. We are privileged to work with some of the best journalists in the industry; as we are fully committed to raising the international profile of African countries by rendering media campaign and image building services using the international leading media. Our journalists will work closely with you to ensure your copy is the best that it can be.
For over 20 years, Foreign Investment Network (FIN) a United Kingdom-based company has been a key drive of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) for Africa and other developing economies. FIN is a consultant in Oil and Gas, Agriculture, telecommunications, Metallurgical & Engineering Industries, Infrastructure, and Maritime for financing, project assessment, and risk analysis.
Our business strategy includes International conferences, business meetings, advocacy visits, investment fora, international exhibitions and Fin Award. FIN also has in its stable, FIN Magazine, published in English, French and Chinese and circulated globally which over the years has transformed into an investors tunic.
FIN has successfully organized about 40 virtual and physical international events globally. Some of the past events includes: Petroleum Industry Award Abuja – Nigeria 2019; FIN Oil & Gas Forum London – 2017; African Petroleum and Energy Forum, China – 2010; International Trade and Investment Conference Sun City, South Africa – 2004 etc.
SOME OF PREVIOUS EVENTS ORGANISED BY FIN
- Partner, African Bankers Award, India 2017.
- Sole coordinator of Forbes event in Zimbabwe, 2017
- The Petroleum Industry Award, Vienna, 2013.
- International Conference on Boosting Nigeria Non-Interest Banking and Islamic Financial Services Market: Evolution & Growth Prospects and D-8 Central Bank Award, Istanbul-Turkey, 2011
- Agribusiness Forum India, 2010.
- Post Amnesty Investment Forum, Port Harcourt, Nigeria – 2010.
- African Petroleum & Energy Forum, China, 2010.
- African-Dubai International Business Conference, Dubai, 2009.
- Fund raising for Turai Yar’Adua Cancer Center, Abuja 2008.
- Annual Global Entrepreneurship Monitor, (GEM), London, 2007.
- China Solid Minerals Investment Forum, Beijing, China, 2007
- First Annual African Petroleum, Energy and Mining Forum, Brussels, 2005
- International Trade and Investment Conference, Sun City, South Africa, 2004.
- FIN Petroleum Summit, Abuja, Nigeria 2019
- FIN Philanthropy and Award Ceremony 2020
- FIN Philanthropy and Award Ceremony 2021
- FIN Trade & Investment Forum, Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai UAE 2021
- FIN Cashless Africa Conference, Accra Ghana 2021
- FIN Mahabiz Business Summit, Dubai UAE 2022
- FIN Block Chain Conference, Dubai UAE 2022